Karen Mary Wilson is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
About Karen Mary Wilson
Karen Mary Wilson is a writer, teacher and mentor.
Email address: email@example.com
Review of this policy
What is Karen Mary Wilson’s lawful basis for processing your personal information?
KMW’s lawful basis for processing the personal data of private clients (individuals) is ‘Contract’: processing your data is necessary to deliver our services.
As set out by Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR: “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”.
KMW will therefore process your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because you have asked us to do something before entering into a contract (e.g. to provide a quote or details of our services, for example).
How do we collect information from you?
KMW collects personal information about you when:
- you make an enquiry or order via our website https://karenmarywilson.co.uk
- when you share personal information or documents containing personal information with us via our website, email, post, text message, telephone call, face-to-face meeting, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, or social media.
- you request that we send you resources.
- you share feedback on our products and services.
- we gather publicly available data sourced online (e.g. from LinkedIn profiles, press releases, news articles, presentations, company websites).
What types of personal information does KMW collect?
Personal information means information that can be used to identify an individual. The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Identity data:This may include your name; title; and gender.
- Contact data: This may include your address/location; telephone numbers; email address; details of social media profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, Skype ID; online portfolios).
- Career details:Career history; education; qualifications; skills and qualities; references; past achievements; and future aspirations and plans as uncovered through telephone / online conversations and written correspondence and content sent via post or email.
- Transaction data:This may include the date; time; details; value; and status of your order.
- Technical and website usage data:This may include your IP address, browser type/version, browser plug-in types/versions, time zone and location, operating system/platform and other device technology you use to access our website. It may also include information regarding the pages of our website that you access and when you access them.
How does KMW use your personal information?
By providing personal data to us, you are consenting to Karen Mary Wilson using your data to:
- Provide requested product or service information in response to your enquiries
- Process orders that you have submitted
- Provide our products or services (perform the contract between us)
- Seek your views or comments on the products and services we provide
- Notify you of any changes to our products or services
- Develop and improve our products or services
- Communicate with you about other relevant products or services
- Track and analyse user trends
- Monitor the security of our products or services
We will not:
- lease or sell your personal information to third parties
- spam you
- share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, unless you have permitted us to do so, or we are required to do so by law
Who has access to your personal information?
Under certain conditions, we may disclose your personal information to others as follows:
Third party service providers working on our behalf: We may use carefully chosen third-party service providers for the purposes of completing your order, for providing our services to you, and for running our business. Third-party service providers may include IT and website support professionals, professional advisors supplying banking, legal, insurance, and accountancy services, and online service providers (e.g. PayPal, Carbonite, Xero). We understand that chosen third-party service providers have adopted relevant security and technical measures to protect your data.
If our use of a third-party service provider requires your data to be transferred outside of the United Kingdom, we understand that these providers work in line with appropriate data security standards e.g. GDPR; the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework; the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield; and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
Other: We would share personal data in response to a legal or regulatory request e.g. a court order or to investigate or prevent fraud or another crime.
Data security precautions
Security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be assured, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us; you do so at your own risk.
Whilst we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, KMW takes appropriate steps to guard against unauthorised access, misuse, alternation, or loss of your personal information under our control.
At your request, we can password protect files before sending them to you via email, with passwords communicated by text message or verbally by telephone.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Here are some practical steps you can take to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
Limit the personal information you share: Only share data that you want to share and are comfortable in sharing. However, please note that not sharing requested information may impact the quality of our service.
Audit your publicly available information: Conduct an audit to clarify what personal information you are sharing online. If you share information on public forums e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn, this may be visible to others, unless you lock down your privacy. If, for example, you connect with a member of our staff on LinkedIn, this may be visible to other members of your network, or to other users of the site.
Opt out of electronic communications: We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, post, or text message unless you have given your prior consent. If you give consent, then we may email you from time to time offering further information about our products and services. If you change your mind about receiving these communications, you can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link on our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Unsubscribe.
If you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, Karen Mary Wilson reserves the right to contact you about your orders and to share policy updates. You will continue to receive essential account-relevant information.
Cookies: Set your browser to reject cookies.
How to access your personal information as held by KMW
It is your right to access, amend, and update your personal data as held by KMW. You can:
- ask for a copy of the information we hold about you;
- request that we amend or delete the personal data we hold about you;
- revoke your consent to our use of your information for the above listed purposes, accepting this will not entitle you to a refund unless otherwise permitted under our standard terms and conditions;
- ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes.
You can take these actions at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. KMW will acknowledge and respond to your request within 30 days. In the event of such a request, we may need to ask for certain information to confirm your identity to ensure data is only shared with you or at your explicit request.
Find out more about your rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
In the event of a data breach
Karen Mary Wilson has a sound understanding of the personal data we hold, where it is stored, who can access it, how to identify personal data breaches, and how to report and manage them if they occur.
Changes to this policy
DATA RETENTION POLICY
This policy details procedures for KMW’s retention and disposal of records and information, and relates to both hard- and soft-copy documents.
Records are defined as all those documents which facilitate the business carried out by KMW and which are then retained (for a set period) to provide evidence of its transactions and/or activities. These records may be created, received or maintained in hard copy or electronically.
Relationship with other policies
KMW will retain financial records of transactions for seven years following completion of services. Following this period, at the end of the financial year, files will be securely deleted or disposed of.
Information, including personal data, that you provide will only be retained for two years following your order, unless otherwise instructed by you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
Safe disposal of records
Records identified for destruction will be permanently disposed of in accordance with reasonable processes.
In the event of business closure, only transaction records will be stored for the defined retention period, then disposed of as outlined above.
Changes to this policy